Thursday, February 14, 2008

Never part with your sweet-hearts…

I know people, who claim that St. Valentine’s Day has nothing to do with romance and love due to its pagan origin. I am not much of a historian, but frankly speaking, I am not even interested that much in direct meaning of this holiday. Perhaps, some one will criticize me, but I’m glad to have this holiday and to celebrate it with a person I like and care for.

Isn’t it wonderful to awake your sweet-heart by a romantic message (if you are not with her at the moment) or present her with a bunch of flowers, or cook breakfast for her, or spend a couple of hours looking for a gift or… I may continue this list for hours.

Do we really need to analyse the roots of the holiday, searching for more and more details??? What for? Can’t we simply enjoy this excellent opportunity to say “Darling! I’m so happy to be with you! I love you so much!” and to here the same words? Isn’t it worth living for? Can’t this be the sense of our life, but not money, endless attempts to earn more and more?

I wish this holiday could be celebrated more that once a year. Unfortunately in this every day struggle we tend to forget about more important things, which really make our life filled with deep sense. Job can bring us money, money can bring us power, fame and other privileges, but it can not make us happy and loved. And without love we cannot be happy! As pathetic it may sound, but I really think so and live according to this principle.

To cut the long story short, I want to wish all of us love, care, tenderness and understanding. Those who have it all, do not make a mistake and never lose hold of it and those who are still single, never give up – love is waiting for you and is looking for an appropriate moment to enter your life and stay there forever!

Let St. Valentine protect you and your love…

No comments: